Overview of the Application Modernization Consultant role
Xpirit is seeking an Azure Application Modernization Architect who will help our clients transform their business and find solutions to complex transformation challenges. As the Azure Application Modernization Architect, you will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of application design, systems design, and Azure Platforms.
- Collaboratively work with others while leading multifaceted Azure application transformations advocating and guiding the overall transformation program
- Advocate for the establishment and continued use of Azure best practices
- Design and architect Azure services for clients building microservice, PaaS, and/or serverless architectures with a focus on DevOps integration
- Share best practices for design & development
- Provide training and coaching as needed to teams modernizing and transforming applications.
- Collaborate and coordinate with developers, project managers, business analysts, and other divisions to better understand platform requirements, the system & data, and evangelize ways to drive quality and value to the client stakeholders
- Build and support high-performing teams across development, quality assurance, and infrastructure
- Stay up to date on the latest in technology, and advise clients on emerging technology solutions with the goal of driving differentiation in our services value proposition
- Evangelize Xpirit and Microsoft Technologies both internally and externally (clients, social, events)
Desired skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
- Strong hands-on experience and knowledge of cloud-based infrastructures, SDLC pipelines, Agile, and deployments/configurations and comprehension of best practices/standards
- Extensive experience in modernizing applications into PaaS, Containers, Kubernetes, Serverless, or other modern cloud technologies
- A history of demonstrated expertise in architecting, implementing, and supporting enterprise-grade technical solutions meeting complex business requirements.
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical personalities and aid in business case justification.
- Additional capabilities with enterprise-level software delivery and release management practices
- Experience in configuring/administering Azure Services, Kubernetes, or others
- Solid level of comfort with modern cloud architecture patterns and approaches
- A level of comfort in creating and effectively delivering technology solution presentations to address the needs of the customer.
- Experience with micro-services or cloud-based architectures for enterprise solutions
- Development (AZ-204, AZ-400) and/or Azure Solution (AZ-30x) related certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience. A Master’s degree is a plus
Minimum experience required
- 5+ years of experience with .NET application development
- 4+ years designing and building Azure DevOps solutions
- 4+ years of experience developing and deploying on Azure
- Additional hands-on experience with Linux and Windows
Benefits we are proud to provide
- 100% Remote work opportunities
- 401K with a 4% employer match
- 3 weeks of PTO
- 10 holidays
- 2 weeks Sick Leave
- We invest in employees’ professional development goals and cover the cost of certifications pursued
- Fully compensated travel for work events and conferences
- Annual company get together
- Health, vision, and dental packages provided
- Company laptop provided
- Monthly phone reimbursements
Let’s get to know each other and see how we can accelerate your career. Fill out the form to apply or contact our Head of Talent and People Experience, Elizabeth Abreu, directly at email@example.com.