What will the Solution Architect be doing day to day?
The Azure Cloud Solutions Architect role is a career path for individuals who are thought leaders, technical evangelists, and experts at engaging clients to help them design, scope, and deliver high-level designs and solution architecture that define industry standards and best practices. Cloud Solution Architects are self-assured, curious, and continual learners who are always working on developing their skills to deliver to our clients and to develop our consultant team. A Cloud Solution Architect takes ownership in customer success from pre-sales to envisioning, scoping, and delivering Azure cloud solutions and solutions that integrate Azure with existing legacy platforms and on-premises solutions.
- Pre-sales leadership
- Work with stakeholders to understand their requirements and limitations.
- Help our sales team in identifying customer issues.
- Work with our sales team to produce compelling and cutting-edge solutions proposals while scoping and estimating the work for our consulting division. You will be facilitating technical discussions for the sales team in identifying solutions for customer issues as needed throughout multi-phase engagements.
- Assist in creating a Statement of Work based on customer meetings.
- Develop and evolve company service offerings. Work with sales team to develop demand-generation materials, and with technical team to develop delivery guidelines and other materials to support standard delivery practices.
- Create and lead customer workshops and POCs to validate and discover cloud capabilities
- Work with customers to define the scope of POCs and lead workshops to create working software demonstrating cloud capabilities.
- Provide guidance to other consultants and customer throughout the duration of workshops and POC development.
- Provide technical architecture for customer engagements.
- Ensure that technical implementation meets customer requirements during engagements
- Provide guidance to consultants to ensure that project outputs are in compliance with the overall architecture.
- Ability to architect large, heterogenous projects, including coordinating with team experts as required.
- Ability to perform formal architecture reviews of software systems within their core competencies and to coordinate technical and architectural reviews with team experts as required.
- Confidently, clearly, and concisely communicate architectural decisions and reasoning to clients and management, communicating successfully with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Interact with clients throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Collaborative and communicative team player who can effectively work independently and with others.
- Previous experience in a technical leadership role as a Solution Architect or Technical Architect (or similar) is ideal.
- Full stack development (.NET Core C#, ASP.NET Core MVC, JQuery) experience
- A strong understanding of Microservices, Domain Driven Design, and Integration patterns
- Hands on experience with Azure PaaS (3+ years) including AKS, Service Bus, Storage, Cosmos DB, Logic Apps, Azure DevOps, GitHub.
- Knowledge of DevOps approaches to the software lifecycle and their impact on solution architecture.
- Understanding on the pricing model of Azure services and its impact on solution architecture.
- Strong level of comfort speaking and presenting to all levels of an organization, including the C-suite.
- Additional understanding of scaling models for services on Azure.
- Solid level of comfort with Terraform, ARM templates, PowerShell, Azure CLI.
- An understanding of security and threat models (OWASP top ten).
- Demonstrable experience of Azure Deployments within the last 2+ years for production workload.
- Additional capabilities writing clear and concise technical documentation.
- Deep passion for learning new Azure services, features, integrations, and enhancements and for sharing that with our internal staff and the greater community. You will be a thought leader sharing your expertise via blogs, social media, conference presentation, and other community participation.
- Expert understanding and hands-on experience designing, deploying, and monitoring Azure-based solutions that support high availability and disaster recovery
- Experience designing and implementing enterprise application design patterns and architectures
- Comfortable acting in the role of an architectural lead with customers, making presentations, and leading white-boarding sessions.
Benefits we are proud to provide
- 100% Remote work opportunities
- 401K with a 4% employer match
- 3 weeks of PTO
- 10 holidays
- 2 weeks Sick Leave
- We invest in employees’ professional development goals and cover the cost of certifications pursued
- Fully compensated travel for work events and conferences
- Annual company get together
- Health, vision, and dental packages provided
- Company laptop provided
- Monthly phone reimbursements
Let’s get to know each other and see how we can accelerate your career. Fill out the form to apply or contact our Head of Talent and People Experience, Elizabeth Abreu, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.