Overview of the DevOps Consultant role
This role supports an individual with a passion for developing and operating workloads running on Microsoft Azure, with a focus on helping teams to improve their DevOps practices. The qualified candidate will be proficient in cloud-native software development as well as deploying and operating solutions in Azure. As a DevOps Consultant, the candidate will be able to provide real-world, hands-on guidance in developing distributed cloud solutions and implementing DevOps patterns and practices to build and run these solutions in a cloud environment. In addition, the candidate will have Application Lifecycle Management experience using Azure DevOps or GitHub to implement these DevOps practices for full automation on testing, deployment and release. This role requires a thorough understanding of how to provision and monitor Azure based solutions. This is a Senior to Expert level role in software development and operations with a corresponding skill level in Azure and Azure DevOps. Individuals in this role will be expected to be able to obtain a status of “Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert”, and should be capable of passing the AZ-400 exam.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess customer capabilities and create a DevOps roadmap for customers, including guidance on incorporating DevOps best practices into their software delivery process.
- Automate systems and infrastructure needed to support cloud-native solutions, accounting for ambiguity and anticipated changes as necessary, using DevOps patterns and practices.
- Present audience-appropriate explanations of technical solution details and DevOps practices to all levels of an organization (CxO, management, technical team).
- Work hands-on to create proof-of-concepts to demonstrate ideas and concepts that may be foreign to customers or prospects.
- Travel will be required.
Desired skills & Experience
- Knowledge of continuous testing, integration, and deployment for cloud solutions.
- Strong understanding of Scrum, Agile Development, and Application Lifecycle Management with a DevOps mindset, with an ability to explain core concepts.
- Hands-on experience with Azure DevOps or GitHub, with the ability to setup projects and implement complete CI/CD pipelines.
- Hands on experience using Git version control solutions and branching strategies.
- Able to work with a mix of Microsoft and open-source technologies to deliver cloud-scale deployments.
- Experiences with both Windows and Linux environments.
- Advanced knowledge of the .NET development platform, and at least C# programming language.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code solutions.
- Comfortable scripting solutions with PowerShell and Bash.
- Knowledgeable on ARM provisioning using Bicep or Terraform templates.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, or containerization is a plus.
- Experience migrating TFS to Azure DevOps (or upgrading TFS versions) is a plus.
- Experience with Jenkins, Octopus, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2015+, Azure DevOps Server, and similar technologies is a plus.
- Microsoft AZ-400 certification a plus.
Minimum experience required
- 3+ years of experience with .NET application development
- 3+ years designing and building Azure DevOps solutions
- 3+ years of experience developing and deploying on Azure
- Experience with Linux and Windows
Benefits we are proud to provide
- 100% Remote work opportunities
- 401K with a 4% employer match
- 3 weeks of PTO
- 10 holidays
- 2 weeks Sick Leave
- We invest in employees’ professional development goals and cover the cost of certifications pursued
- Fully compensated travel for work events and conferences
- Annual company get together
- Health, vision, and dental packages provided
- Company laptop provided
- Monthly phone reimbursements
Let’s get to know each other and see how we can accelerate your career. Fill out the form to apply or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.