Building an Engineering Culture
Does it take a lot of time to develop new features or fixing bugs? Do users complain of slow software? Or are you struggling with security and compliance issues? Outdated software is not always the cause. But it very well may be.
State-of-the-art software engineering constantly incorporates best practices and carefully selects appropriate tools and techniques that allow a business to create or maintain competitive advantage.
Nowadays, state-of-the-art software is;
- Built for change: fit for automated testing, modular, and reads like an open book. Because in our world change is a given
- Self-repairing in response to cyber-attacks and human error. Because software systems nowadays are so complex that the question isn’t if engineers will make mistakes, but when
- Cloud-native: because only with cloud-native software you can fully reap the benefits of the cloud
- Making good use of available building blocks and AI-driven tools: because with the current pace of innovation, you don’t have time to invent the wheel
- Secure and compliant by default: because making it secure and compliant after the fact is often impossible, and always more expensive and sensitive to mistakes
Sounds expensive? In fact, it isn’t. Just start with a viable product, and then incrementally build what you actually need.
Do’s and don’ts
- Lean and mean software that gets the job done, without bells and whistles
- No more large monolithic applications and expensive IT systems equipped for all kinds of hypothetical scenarios that never materialize
- Built for the cloud, in the cloud.
Build your unique engineering culture
A thriving engineering culture is vital for any company that wants to be a digital leader. However, it is not an off-the-shelf product you can buy. Building an engineering culture requires sustained effort, a willingness to learn, and a commitment to continuous improvement. And that’s where our eight pillars come in. Instead of rushing through them, use them to address (and resolve) the key bottlenecks in your organization one pillar at a time and create the foundation for long-term success.
Are you ready to turn your company’s unlimited curiosity and ambition into unlimited potential? Start building your unique engineering culture now!
Download our Engineering Culture eBook